Connecticut Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an auto accident, the days, weeks and months that follow can be very painful and confusing. There are many steps you can take after an accident to make sure you are treated fairly and receive the compensation you deserve. Even if you falter the first time around, learning What To Do After Car Accident today can help you to prepare for your future.
For a free consultation and detailed case analysis with a lawyer who has more than 26 years of experience, call us today at 800-398-0000 or contact our offices online. Every Connecticut Accident Lawyer at Wein & Palermo, LLC is dedicated to providing aggressive representation and achieving results!
A Few Steps You Should Take After an Accident:
- Seek medical attention, if you are injured. A doctor will document your injuries, providing documentation for your case.
- Speak with an attorney. You may not need a lawyer, but the only way to find out is to ask. Most injury lawyers do not charge for consultations, so you have nothing to lose — but you may have much to gain.
- Do not admit fault. While you should never admit fault for the accident, you are obligated to describe to the police and your insurance company what happened during the accident
- Do not speak to the other driver's insurance company. The insurance company representing the other driver may ask you for a recorded statement. Everything you say will be used against you.
- Cooperate with your insurance company. You should act in good faith when dealing with your insurance company. Answer their questions — just make sure you do not admit fault.
- Cooperate with the police. If you cooperate early in the process, it will reflect well on you later. Again, just make sure you do not admit fault.
- Take names: If you can, get the names, phone numbers and addresses of any witnesses at the scene.
Both attorneys at Wein & Palermo, LLC will provide hands-on, attentive representation for your case. If we handle your injury case, we will also handle your medical bills, interact with the insurance companies, handle your property damage claim and do everything we can to ease your burden and let you focus on recovering.
To learn more about steps to take after an accident, schedule a free consultation and case analysis with a Connecticut Accident Lawyer at Wein & Palermo, LLC. Call 800-398-0000 or contact our offices online.